Thursday, March 24, 2016

10 Months in Cloth

Organic Blueberry Simplex in
"Hippo and Friends"
So life has been crazy with two littles so I haven't been blogging in oh just eight months, but I am coming back to update on where we are and what we have loved over the past few months.

Diapers
My stash has evolved and what is now my favorite is not what I would have expected.  My stash is exclusively Blueberry and SmartBottoms. I didn't have any of those brands in my stash when I started but the ease and convenience of the AIOs just hooked me.  Right after my last blog post is when I started to go Blueberry crazy.  I ended up with a newborn Simplex stash that we wore until she was almost six months old and then we just started with one size and haven't looked back.  We don't have any issues with leaks or explosions.  I think I have had maybe two while we have used these brands over the past eight months.  I had more than that in a single day of using disposables on my recent vacation.
Blueberry Simplex in bucket 4,5,and 7
and SmartBottoms in bucket 8

Brand Preference
I love each of the brands for their own
merits, but I do have a preference.  I will probably only be buying Blueberry in the future because they seem to wear MUCH better than SmartBottoms.  My oldest SmartBottom is 4.5 months old and I can already see a tiny bit of edgewear in the organic cotton inner.  None of my Blueberries have any wear except for the slight relaxing of the elastics.  I know that some people have SmartBottoms that have been through many children without any holes forming on the inners, but that isn't the case for us and it seems like it is becoming a frequent complaint about SmartBottoms based on the number of complaints about it on their FanChat Facebook page.

If I didn't have such an issue with the edgewear I would probably buy more SmartBottoms because they have the BEST prints.  I seriously have to restrain myself because I probably wouldn't be saving money using cloth is I bought all of my favorites :-)

Wipes
I have switched entirely to cloth wipes after a chemical burn with a disposable back in September and strangely enough I really enjoy using cloth wipes.  It really hasn't been any more work and is very convenient to just toss the wipes in the pail with the diaper after each change.

Storage
My Target storage system is still going strong.  Keeps me organized and always on top of my diaper laundry.  It also makes it very easy for non parents to find all the items needed for a diaper change.  I really hope it has made some cloth converts as well since all my pretties are out for display!

 Love it and it will definitely be gracing our wall until our last child is out of diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment