Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Best Bottoms Cloth Diaper Review

When Homeboy was about a four months old he started out wetting his Fuzzibunz diapers. I was really disappointed and I spent months trying to find a solution.  The solution for us came in the form of a new diaper set.  Best Bottoms by Nicki's Diapers.

                                             Homegirl wearing her Best Bottoms diaper at 4.5 weeks

One of our must have criteria for cloth diapers is they have to be dad friendly.  My husband has huge man hands and stuffing pockets was near impossible for him so if I hadn't stuffed the diapers yet, my husband would just do a disposable which isn't really what we wanted.  We also needed to be able to easily add doublers without adding too much bulk.  At a whopping 26 pounds at 12 months, we couldn't continue to bulk out his little rear as it would have been near impossible to find clothes to fit his giant rear and short legs.

When I first saw the Best Bottoms diaper I knew it could be a solution to our problems.  It was dad friendly, had doubling options, and offered hemp inserts (Natural fibers offer super absorbency and trimness to diapers).


I ended up purchasing four covers and 10 inserts to begin with.  I loved them!  My super wetter could go with just the microfiber insert for about two hours without leaking.  If I used the hemp insert I could make it through nap time without the telltale damp spots on his pants.

I sold my Fuzzibunz and bought a complete set of Best Bottoms and used them until we potty trained at 20 months!

When I got pregnant with Homegirl I knew that I would be using Best Bottoms with her.  I didn't know how quickly she would fit them though since the ONE reservation I had about using the diaper on a newborn is that they don't have an umbilical cord snap down.  So I ended up deciding to use them once her cord fell off.  Since Homeboy was 8.5 pounds at birth I decided to skip the small inserts and start with the medium (11 pounds and up).

                                                         Medium and Large Microfiber Insert

Homegirl first fit into her medium at 3.5 weeks old.  It was a little bit bulky, but it worked fine.  Only drawback was she was still having the explosive newborn poop which meant quite a few cover changes.  We didn't have any leaks though, thanks to the double gussets.

By 4.5 weeks they are quickly becoming our favorite cloth diaper.  They fit snugly around her thighs, the fit around her waist is perfect, daddy lives them, and they have some amazing girly covers!
She is currently on the smallest rise setting.  The diaper has a total of three rise option which means the diaper can fit a child ranging anywhere from 8 to 35 pounds.  Just look at the difference in size.  The diaper on the left is on the smallest rise with a medium inset and the diaper on the right is on the largest rise setting with a large inset. 

  Best Bottoms Diaper in Cookie Monster on the smallest setting on the left and Strawberry Shortcake on the largest setting with a large mibrofiber insert on the right

I love that the diaper has two snaps on the waist.  I find that diapers that have just a single snap the waistband sags and often causes gaps around the leg.

                                        Two snaps on each diaper wing keep the legs snug and secure

Double gussets should be a must on all newborn diapers.  Gussets are essentially two bands of elastic, one slightly smaller than the other, that keep poop where it should be.  Inside the diaper and not on my lap.

                                        Double gussets on each leg keep the poop inside the diaper!

Best Bottoms offers a wide variety of super cute prints and solids.  Names such as Cookie Monster and Strawberry Shortcake really tell you how super cute this collection really is!


Check it out at Sweet Bottoms Baby where Best Bottoms are on sale right now!

Tell me.  Do you love Best Bottoms?  Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment